Any form of squat will be beneficial in the case of muscle building. Squatting is a very functional compound exercises that helps build a strong core, better posture, and burn through glycogen like no other! Moreover, squats release of testosterone and human growth hormone in your body, which are vital for muscle growth and will also help to improve muscle mass when you train other areas of your body aside from your legs. The front squat is a type of squat that people tend to neglect, but shouldn't! Unlike the back squat, where the barbell is placed on your traps, front squats have the barbell in front of the body, resting on the upper chest and shoulder blades. This exercise will build you some strong quads and an even stronger core. It will even get you that six pack you always wanted!
Here are some basic steps in performing a front squat:
* Take time to find your starting position.
* Find your natural foot stance width your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart and your toes slightly out so your toes can follow the path of your knees.
* Find your grip on the barbell slightly wider than shoulder width.
* Receive the bar from the rack on the front of the shoulders and step back onto the platform.
* Keep chest up and raise the elbows high.
* Stabilize the midline taking in a deep breath.
* Keep the feet flat on the ground pushing down through the heels.
* Squat down until the thighs are below parallel.
* Keep the chest up, back tight, and the elbows high when coming out the squat aggressively drive the elbows up to come out of the hole.